The public institution “Universal Hall” and the City of Skopje according to the yearly program for 2019
have pleasure to announce the following:
OPEN CALL FOR LIGHT ART PROPOSALS
for the “Skopje Light Art District 2019” festival
“Skopje Light Art District 2019” is an event focused on light art installations and video projections which will be displayed on various selected locations in the central part of Skopje. For more Information regarding this year locations please see www.skopjelightartdistict.com
The event “Skopje Light Art District 2019” will start on May 29 and will last until June 1, 2019.
All interested artists or their legal representatives are welcome to submit proposals, artistic creations within the field of light art, light installations, video art or any form of art that uses light as a main artistic expression.
All interested artists are welcome to apply for full or partial financial support. Artists that do not seek financial support for realization of their projects, but are willing to participate in the event with already existing project or activity, are welcome to submit proposals.
Conditions for financing
In order to receive financial support from the “Skopje Light Art District” applicants must fulfill the following conditions:
- Individual artist or their legal representatives should apply with an innovative concept in the field of light art. The proposed concept can be developed in a partnership with national, public or private institutions or organizations in the field of culture, science and technology.
- Individual artist or their legal representatives must submit a portfolio of at least 3 realized projects in the field of light art.
-For the video mapping contest, all applicants must have at least 2:00 minutes of content at the time of the festival. The applicants that will be selected to participate in the contest will receive an entry prize and the winner will receive the grand prize.
How to apply:
All interested parties should send a completed application to the official email of the event
email@example.com not later than 07.04.2019
Application should consist following:
- Title, concept of the proposed project, detailed description, sketches, as well as financial proposal for realization of the proposed artwork.
- State the project location for which you are applying as given on the www.skopjelightartdistric.com website or apply for the video mapping contest location
- Photographs or videos of the works if they have been previously exhibited
- Technical equipment needed for application of the artwork
- Short biography/CV of the applicant
Official jury of the “Skopje Light Art District” will make selection of artworks. All selected artists will be informed by email not later than 15.04.2018.
Artworks that have some form of connection with the given location will have advantage in the selection process.
The official jury reserves the right to change the locations of the route as it sees fit.
Kurshumli An plateau
Skopje urban living lab
Daut Pasha Hamam
Museum of Holocaust
Macedonian Square-Justinian monument
Under Goce Delchev Bridge
Goce Delchev Bridge stairs
Government Building square
Parc de la francophonie
Old "Ezerce" restaurant
City Park plateau
Video mapping contest